November 2018: Western Digital acquisition update
Eliminate silos. Simplify management. Reduce costs.
Western Digital (formally Tegile storage systems) produce hybrid and all flash arrays that meet the performance and capacity needs of the entire business – at one-third the cost of traditional enterprise storage systems.
Western Digital arrays support a wide range of technologies including iSCSI, Fibre Channel, CIFS / SMB 3.0 and NFS. They also feature both NAS and SAN connectivity and come complete with built-in data de-duplication & compression, thin provisioning, snapshots and remote replication features.
Western Digital in brief:
- Built from the ground up to provide a Next Gen Hybrid/All Flash storage architecture
- Multi-Protocol support for FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS and SMB 3.0
- Built in de-duplication and data compression
- Performance ranging from 28,000 to 1,000,000 IOPS
- Storage capacities starting from 22TB to 1 PB
- The first hybrid to be accredited with MS SQL
- Fully supported with VMware, Citrix and HyperV
- All software & support inclusive (there are no bolt ons or add ons)
- Non disruptive maintenance schedules
- Proactive support software for trend analysis and issue detection
To find out more about Western Digital and how these compare against other storage solutions in the marketplace, contact Trustco today.
Cygnia, one of the UK’s leading providers of e-commerce and multi-channel fulfilment services, recently partnered with Western Digital and Trustco to install an IntelliFlash array.
Visit the full Cygnia data storage case study to find out how advanced deduplication and compression techniques reduced the company’s data storage by 62.6%.