[BLOG] An update – Western Digital’s acquisition of Tegile storage systems.
- An existing Tegile storage customer?
- An existing or interested HGST customer?
- Interested in understanding what the Western Digital acquisition means for you?
Tegile storage systems has been at the forefront of the flash storage revolution since 2012. With the success of its award winning IntelliFlash architecture, Tegile was acquired by Western Digital (WD) in September 2017.
November 2018 sees the Tegile brand fully transition into WD’s Datacentre Systems (DCS) business unit. Trustco PLC has partnered with Tegile storage since day 1 and remain a focused partner with WD moving forward.
What does this acquisition mean for Tegile storage customers?
Tegile and WD have always had a long-standing OEM partnership. Previous Tegile arrays shipped in the UK all contained WD hardware components as standard.
Tegile’s flagship T Series unified block and file all-flash and hybrid arrays, the HD multi-tiered flash series, Tegile IntelliStack converged infrastructure, continue to be market leading arrays alongside the launch and development of IntelliFlash N series; NVMe all-flash arrays, which are leading the way in performance data storage.
The acquisition has seen the UK presence strengthened, with stronger engineering integration between the brands, increased supply chain efficiencies, and improved customer support. We believe this acquisition will be disruptive to the data storage market by lowering typical manufacturing costs associated with some other vendors.
How can we help? As a long standing, trusted Tegile / WD partner, Trustco can:
- Offer system reviews of existing WD Tegile technology
- Advise on the developments of technology within the WD Tegile portfolio
- Provide WD support quotes as well as commercial and technical support
- Advise on IT assets and support for proof of concepts / future proofing
- Provide new or upgrade configurations, spares and support on WD arrays
- Encourage clear commercial and technical communication between all parties
Want to know more?
Call 0344 880 1999 to speak with one of our technical specialists to discuss how we can help with your existing and future storage infrastructure.
Further reading – Cygnia case study
Cygnia, one of the UK’s leading providers of e-commerce and multi-channel fulfilment services, recently partnered with WD and Trustco to install an IntelliFlash array.
Visit the full Cygnia data storage case study to find out how advanced deduplication and compression techniques reduced the company’s data storage by 62.6%.